Days where I don’t have anything to say are why I stop posting 100% of the time. I’ll have a streak going and then find myself without anything worth saying—it doesn’t stop me offline so it shouldn’t stop me here. Power through and all that Jazz. So, here’s what’s on my mind right now:
- Got a Grove box yesterday with basics like minty soap and mintier toothpaste.
- The weather went from wet to low 70’s & it’s beautiful.
- I feel like I’m actually edging my way out of the total darkness—it’s still a little grim, but I’m alive and that’s a blessing.
- I miss teaching in the classroom.
- My tennis shoes are looking at me like, go for a walk. This week’s poor excuse is the street work in front of my house and hills.
- Reading the Newsflesh series and more romance novels. Glancing through the news for good articles to read and discuss.
- I have too many boxes to break down and stack up. I just let them collect. This may be some weird packrat pathology tied to my wide streaks of laziness and procrastination. I can feel my goddaughter judging me.
- I got to the point where I made a ridiculous number of playlists that are all eclectic, but I tend to listen to “Utter Silliness” the most. I had my playlist problem under control for months.
- I think I’ll go to the six-feet away cocktail hour a block down today. I am really missing my friends and this way I can catch up with a few. Texts just aren’t the same as a table full of people I adore down at The Great Pacific.
- Love the maps by @alfred_twu on twitter. It’s fascinating to watch the states come together or drift apart.
- Do some people not think about how much worse this pandemic would be without all the social distancing? I keep thinking about my folks, my friends who are immune-compromised, and I also think about how much I want things “back to normal” already. I just fall into the camp that thinks there will another new normal and no return to the old normal.
- I’m trying not to obsess too much about the things that freak me out.
- I have got to renew things soon and finish small projects. I also have to finish a couple of big projects.
I hope this finds you well (especially if you took the time to read this). Most of my posts end up with one to three views which makes it harder to stay motivated. This time around, I just keep reminding myself the only way to get better is to practice. At least my head is a little lighter.
Enjoy the boys; two minutes after this picture they were not so friendly. What is it with cats and their need to be on clean clothes?