1. Not everything happens for a reason. In fact, it doesn’t always matter why things happen. How we deal with the things that happen does matter.
2. God totally gives us more than we can handle sometimes. It encourages us to ask for help.
3. I’m a teaching lifer. Every time I have an epically bad day/week/year, I find myself unable to seriously consider working as a barista.
4. Family of Choice can co-exist with Family of Blood (but they maybe should stay separated).
5. People can’t be saved or changed.
I decided to start writing again, to force myself to write every day on a blog, because of Amanda Palmer’s “The Art of Asking.” It’s time.